Our signature recycled glass Balloon Vases delight any space with vibrant colors. We especially love them set outside and styled with our festive holiday lights. Watch as Luke, our stylist, puts together a beautiful front stair entry with the use of our colorful vases, star lights and a little magic.
We've curated a collection that features items ready to use on your front door entry. Our favorite among the group are the Lighted Birch trees- they're sure to create that wow factor for your holiday visitors!
1. Balloon Vases- These organic shaped, recycled glass vases are slightly misshapen to resemble classic inflatable balloons, bringing fun and whimsy—but also classic appeal—to your home's accent décor.
2. Morrocan Glass Lantern- Add a unique global touch to your home with our Moroccan-inspired metal lanterns. Created out of glass and metal, this lantern is the essence of Moroccan-influenced architecture.
3. Star String Lights- Add them to your wreaths and garlands to create a much more festive look or just string them across a fireplace mantel or on a ledge to create a touch of farmhouse style at any time.
4. Pinecone and Berry Wreath- This wreath is sure to ignite holiday spirit with a mixture of fresh eucalyptus, salal, and accented with vibrant pepper berries & pine cones.
5. Natural Birch LED Light Trees- Naturally inspired, these indoor/outdoor accent trees are modeled after natural birch trees. They feature sprawling, bendable branches, which are strewn with hundreds of warm white, mini LED lights.
6. Rustic Iron Reindeer Tealight Holders- Use these capricious and delightful reindeer to create an adorable holiday display with the set of all 3 Reindeer Tea Light Holders. Each metal reindeer has a spot to hold a tea light or LED tea light candle.
7. Temple Bells- Hung from a simple but sturdy piece of twine, each brass-plated steel bell is burnished to shimmer and shine like gold. Each bell is fitted with wooden clappers and available in a variety of sizes.
8. Galvanized Metal Farmhouse Magnolia Wreath- This unique all galvanized metal wreath can be used at the holidays or have it displayed all year round! This galvanized metal magnolia wreath is an impressive piece to have around your home.
9. Natural Floral Design Coir Mat- Our hand-stenciled doormats are made using fade-resistant vegetable dyes on all-natural coir. Designed to trap dirt and withstand harsh heels and rugged boots, it is crafted by skilled artisans from densely woven renewable coconut husk fibers.
Decorating with our recycled ornaments can provide a beautiful alternative to most traditional holiday decor. We've taken our Geometric Wreath and curated a collection of glass ornaments that provides a statement making display! We've asked our talented stylist Luke to provide a detailed how-to showing you how we pull together this fabulous look over a fireplace.
The Geometric wreath provides you with an opportunity to get creative because of its neutral tone and architectural frame. You can choose from the array of varied ornaments that we have sourced from all over the world!
1. Quartz Crystal and Gold-Tipped Ornaments- The facets of these stunning crystals catch and hold light, shimmering like icicles on your wreath as they dangle from their silk ribbons.
2. Confetti Recycled Glass Ornaments- 100% recycled glass and handblown, each ornament is adorned with hundreds of tiny multi-color glass particles, giving it a one-of-a-kind look and feel.
3. Olive Wood Trio of Ornaments- Laser-cut from sustainably sourced Italian Olive wood, this beautiful collection features a Pine Tree, Snowflake and Round Ornament.
4. Driftwood Starfish Ornaments- These handmade starfish ornaments are handcrafted with small pieces of driftwood. Each star is unique and has a sisal hanger attached for hanging on the wall.
5. Birds of a Feather Ornaments- This distinctive set of clear ornaments contains a wide assortment of authentic, unique bird feathers. Together they create an awe-inspiring feathery display of contrasting patterns and stripes.
6. Geometric Wire Wreath- Perfectly faceted modern wreath that offers multiple points of dimensional interest and casts a beautiful geometric pattern on the wall.
7. Mini Temple Bell Ornaments- Crafted from rustic brass-plated steel, these bell ornaments, suspended from rope loops, shimmer like burnished gold.
8. Speckled Mercury Glass Ornamnets - These stunning ornament reflects the essence of refined rustic Mercury glass. These ornaments are unique in their look compared to regular glass ornaments, and they offer so much beauty for your holiday decor.
9. Maya Recycled Glass Sphere- Handmade by skilled artisans using glass salvaged from discarded soda bottles, these ornaments sparkle delicately nestled among a wreath or tree.
10. Polished Horn Ornaments- Each of these unique ornaments is fair trade and handmade by artisans in Uganda using all natural cattle horn.
11. Copper Hanging Dove Ornament- A delicate addition to let soar in your garden. This sweet antiqued copper dove holds an olive branch and offers a peaceful presence on your wreath.
12. Olive Wood Animal Ornament Set- Go wild with these beautiful, sustainable Italian olive wood animal ornaments. Featuring a reindeer, penguin, rhinoceros, polar bear, lion and moose. Each piece is laser-cut for precision detailing.
13. Succuelent Ornaments- Whether hung on a holiday tree or a wreath, these diverse live succulents are great conversation pieces.
14. Laguna Recycled Glass Ornaments- Clear recycled glass is dappled with white bits of color, transforming salvaged glass soda bottles into beautiful one-of-a-kind ornaments.
15. Drifwood Tree Ornaments- This all-natural driftwood tree sculpture will make a beautiful addition in your wreath or tree. These also are a great gift idea.
The history of Kantha began as a necessity for keeping warm over 500 centuries ago. Bengali women with little money would sew together their discarded sari cloth, piecing together a repurposed blanket. Over time, women would pass on their skilled sewing knowledge to daughters which transformed necessity into valued pieces of heirloom items. Treasured Kantha were given as wedding gifts and some held stories woven through the Kantha cloth. Today we cherish these beautifully embroidered pieces and have designed items that incorporate these traditional techniques into unique home goods with a story. We love how each is different making our holiday Kantha story one-of-a-kind.
1. Recycled Kantha Decorative Wreath -this recycled sari fabric decorative wreath features an assortment of colors created with the use of recycled cotton saris ornamented with Kantha embroidery and handcrafted details.
2. Recycled Sari Table Linen Collection- The collection of placemats and table runners are handmade in India by artisans who carefully collect pieces of vintage and upcycled fabrics to create elaborate patterns and colors.
3. Upcycled Kantha Throw- Hang on the back of a chair or lay at the end of your bed for a splash of vibrant color. We love to turn our throw into a Christmas Tree Skirt for the holidays! Patterns, colors and size will vary because each Kantha throw is different from the next.
4. Sari Bead Garland- Colorful beads made from recycled Kantha textiles are strung into a long, festive garland.
5.Recycled Sari Fabric Jewelry- Add a pop of color to your festive attire! These intricately made peices of jewelry make a statement at your next gathering.
6. Vintage Patchwork Kantha Stocking- Hand-sewn and embroidered by artisans in India, each stocking provides a livelihood for women in poor communities and gives their children the opportunity to live better, more productive lives.
Find all of our Kantha collection items on our site and make your holiday decor a one-of-a-kind story!
Top left image by She Kantha, middle photograph of women by Geoff Bugbee
The purpose this clean and simple design style served at the time of its onset remains the purpose it serves today: Its sleek design fits perfectly in smaller spaces and it blends in with any other décor. I don't know if there's another time period with such an amount of creative, beautiful, and highly-functional design in home furnishings. In just the last 50 years, mid-century design as reemerged as the new cool thing at least five times, and I expect it will be the cool new thing five more times in the next 50 to come.Read More
When It Comes to Decorating Your Apartment, Go Green… But Stay Chic
Over the past few years, the apartment-hunting experts at ABODO have noticed two overriding trends: People of all ages are moving back to city centers to rent, and they’re looking to live in environmentally-conscious buildings. Living in the city shortens commutes and lessens carbon emissions. And advances in eco-friendly construction are making a marked difference in energy consumption. According to the U.S. Green Building Council, LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)-certified buildings—which are built from sustainable materials to save energy and water, and to limit harmful gas emissions—are expected to save up to $1.2 billion in energy costs between 2012 and 2018.Read More
Our newest winter collection has just arrived, and with it comes some all-new VivaTerra ventures! We are excited to introduce you to some luxurious new housewares that are staples for a tranquil, eco-friendly home. Here are some of the highlights of our new collection!Read More
Gallery walls are not only an on-trend wall art solution, but they are perfect for setting the tone and style of a room in a way that a single statement wall piece often can’t. If you’re thinking to yourself, “I want it to say all-natural, but also be modern. Definitely Zen, but also a little rustic.” You’ll be hard pressed to find the perfect abstract painting that creams exactly that. With a collection of curated, smaller pieces however, each item in your gallery collection has its own voice. And when brought together, all the pieces can harmoniously say just what you wanted them to say as a whole.Read More