||Slip-Covered Chair: 31"W x 35"H x 37"D
Daybed: 101"W x 78"H x 41"D (with canopy)
Where is it made?
- This eco-friendly furniture is made in the USA. It is created from start to finish in one of four manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina. Additionally, 98% of the components are sourced domestically, many right from the same state. This makes your purchase one that supports local businesses, creates local jobs, and reduces CO2 emissions by reducing traditional production transportation cost.
What is it made of?
- Starting from the inside out, any springs in the furniture are made of up to 80% recycled metal and the wooden frames are certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) and sourced from a certified sustainable forest. Frames are bonded with a soy-based resin. Each piece offers soy-based, renewable seat cushions with 30% soybean oil, which reduces the amount of petroleum-based products made. Each back and throw pillow is filled with 100% recycled fibers created from plastic bottles. The piece’s seat deck and trim pads are made up of 80% regenerated fibers. And finally, the finishing process is very low in Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
Why does this matter?
- Manufacturing in a way that bears in mind sustainability and consumer health is impactful in many ways. It is most important for our environment. The manufacturer of this product stands in partnership with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. The SFI is based on the premise that we can protect our forests and also produce the goods our economy needs. The wooden frame in this furniture piece was harvested with a set of principles in mind that combine the growing and harvesting of trees with initiatives for the long-term protection of forest environments. Additionally, the soy-based polyol used in the cushions replaces 30% of petroleum-based chemicals that would typically be used to manufacture these cushions. Not only does this preserve our natural, nonrenewable resources, but also it is important in creating a healthier home environment. For every million pounds of petroleum-based polyols replaced with soy-based polyols, nearly 2,200 barrels of crude oil is saved.
||Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery, see shipping info.
Return Policy: We take great pride in this piece of custom upholstered furniture, made in America by a leading eco-friendly company. Please note that we cannot accept returns on these custom pieces except in instances of a manufacturer's defect. Orders may only be cancelled within 24 hours of placement.
- In the case of dust and debris we recommend vacuuming with a soft brush attachment. Attend quickly to unexpected spills by cleaning a spot or stain from the outside to the middle of the affected area to prevent watermarks. Before cleaning, always pre-test a small, inconspicuous area with your cleaning product to see how it will affect the fabric before proceeding. If the overall condition of your furniture is soiled, consult a professional upholstery cleaning service.
- If your product is slip-covered: Check to see if the slipcover fabric is dry clean only, in the case that it is, we strongly recommended you have it cleaned by a professional dry cleaning service. If the cover is machine washable, remove the slipcover from one of the arms of the piece and work around to the back of the frame and to the opposite arm. The seams on your slipcover have been surged and over-locked to prevent fraying, but we recommend zipping all cushion and throw pillow casings before washing. Wash the cover in cold water with a mild detergent on the gentle cycle only. After, tumble dry for approximately three minutes on low heat, and then switch to the air cycle. Return the slipcover, slightly damp, to the frame starting at the back of the frame and working from arm to arm. Instead of spot cleaning, always clean all parts of the slipcover to avoid color variation.
Cushion and pillow care:
- It is important to regularly fluff and rotate your seats, cushions, and pillows to maintain their shape and texture.
||There are artists, crafters, makers, builders, carpenters and allother types of artisans right here in our own backyards, and our hope is that when you think of beautiful, handcrafted products from across the globe, you think of them too. Buying domestically can be more eco-conscious, as it reduces transportation needs and consequently the energy and natural resources expended in the process; this makes us huge proponents of shopping locally.
Please allow up to 8-10 weeks for delivery.
White Glove Delivery: Due to the size and weight of this item, there is an additional shipping surcharge that will be added to your shipping total during checkout.This will include scheduled delivery, item placement up, or down one flight of stairs, assembly, and packaging removal.
Restrictions: Cannot be shipped via express delivery. Cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands.